Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Another finished quilt!

What?! Two finished quilts? I finished this pretty 60's quilt during a very lovely sewing weekend with my two fellow spinsters and our very good friend Anna of The Willow Nest!


We were given this quilt top a few years ago and I finally decided to finish it! I love this quilt to pieces (pun very much intended). It's filled with so many pretty fabrics and it's so bright and cheerful without being too dated. Ooh, AND I finally got to use the beautiful vintage sheet that I won in a giveaway several years ago to back it! I love the result!

 The next three photos are of my three favorite fabrics in the quilt.




 I had to cut one row of squares off of the finished top so that it would fit the vintage sheet I wanted to use for the back. I didn't want the strip to go to waste so I cut it in half  and added it to two of the corners on the binding.  The rest of the binding is a yellow gingham!






It's super cozy and warm!
♥Genevieve

No comments: