Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Knit Along Progress Report

Hi Friends! Just a quick update on my Tops, Tanks and Tees Knit Along project. This is the last day for the knit along and I didn't quite finish in time. But, I really didn't expect to get as far as I did so I'm happy with my progress. 

For those of you who haven't seen my other posts, I am making Abalone with Lion Brand Cotton Ease yarn in Stone and Terracotta. I took this project to work on during our beach trip and worked on it a lot (yay for beach time!). Unfortunately when I got it home it smelled of crab SO BAD. I guess it was a bad idea to cook crab in such a tiny condo! Ha ha! So I had to let it air out for a few days before I could stand working on it again. I'm happy to report that it's now crab sent free.



And here is a picture of what it looks like right now. I have to finish grating the left shoulder seam and then knit the edgings. 


 First time using the Kitchener stitch. It's fun and I love the results. I think I pulled my stitches a tiny bit tight in a few places but I'll practice and get better. 

What have you all being working on?

♥Genevieve
luvinthemommyhood

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow, it looks great. Sorry to hear about the crab aroma! Can't wait to see it completed. I have added it to my favourites

Liesl said...

I know I've said it before but the color combo is to die for! Can't wait to see it all finished up.

Sorry to hear it acquired a crab smell. But I'm glad you've got it out! Did you have a little vacation at the shore?

Anna Kristine said...

It's looking so lovely! Isn't the kitchener stitch fun? :) I just used it for the first time (successfully anyway...I tried it before and it failed) I used it on the toe of my sock.
Bummer about the crab smell but it kind of made me giggle. Not sure why haha
Love you.
♥ Anna